I miss my spicier food from back home quite often, so this is a good way for me to keep that spicy kick in my life!
1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
2 medium bell peppers, sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 lb. extra lean beef sirloin, cut into strips
1 tsp. ground chili powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 cup Salsa (recipe found here )
8 6-in corn tortillas
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat
- Add bell peppers, onion, and garlic. COok, stirring occasionally for about 6 minutes
- Add beef, chili powder, cumin, crushed pepper, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until meat is no longer pink
- Add salsa and cook, stirring frequently for 2 more minutes
- Evenly top each tortilla with beef mixture
Made to serve 2 fajitas per serving.
You can add chicken strips instead of beef for chicken fajitas. You can also top off your fajitas with cilantro and lime juice!