I love pie. I especially love pecan pie and pumpkin pie. It is a must on the table for Thanksgiving! However, my husband doesn’t like pie. And to my disappointment, he really doesn’t like pecan pie or pumpkin pie. He will try things though, so I this year I made a pumpkin alternative to try on the table for Thanksgiving (I will still have to get myself a slice of pecan pie somewhere). They are Pumpkin Muffins with a cream cheese filling!
2 oz. Cream Cheese
1 Tbsp. Pure Maple Syrup (optional for taste)
1 cup Canned Pumpkin Puree
1 1/2 cups Almond Flour
3/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1 Dash of Salt
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Prepare 9 muffin cups with liners
- Combine cream cheese and maple syrup in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine egg and pumpkin in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine almond flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Add almond meal mixture to egg mixture; mix well.
- Spoon batter into each prepared muffin cup, filling a little less than 1/2 full.
- Spoon about 1 tsp. of cream cheese mixture into the center of each muffin.
- Evenly fill the muffin cups with remaining batter, 3/4 full.
- Bake 16-18 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool