Today I geared up with my camo leggings for a little extra motivation and chugged my pre workout to wipe the grogginess off my face when I rolled out of bed at 4am.
I’ve always been a morning person and an early riser but that doesn’t mean I don’t struggle. Early morning workouts are rough and take some preparation on my part to get the most out of them! So why get up at the crack of dawn? What’s the benefit of an early morning workout?
1. It sets the tone for my day. It’s the first thing I accomplish in the mornig so I feel like I can get anything else done during negotiations the day.
2. I’m more focused during the day. Working out first thing raises my energy level after the fact and I am more focused when I go to work a few hours later!
3. I’m more likely to do it and keep doing it. It’s crossed off my list first thing, so I don’t have to worry about doing it throughout the day. If I do it every morning, it becomes routine and I am less likely to skip it!
4. Boosts metabolism and I keep burning calories through my day. The muscles I work in the morning keep on working through my whole day. When I take the stairs, I can feel the burn in my legs still! So I’m likely to burn a little more calories during the day when I workout in the am.
5. My mood improves. You know that saying that when you workout you get endorphins, well it’s true! I am so much happier after I finish a workout. So I am likely to carry that happiness throughout my day!
Those are the main reasons I get up every morning to get my sweat on! Of course there are benefits to anytime you choose to workout, but mornings are what works for me!
My workout today was Iso Strength Chisel. Let me just say, I’ve never sweat so much! It was focused on isolating your muscles after a few reps of the exercise and repeating this for 3 times. So it BURNS! It burns hard! But it carves out lean muscle, so bring it on!
Today also happened to be the first day back on my meal plan after finishing the three day refresh! Yay! I get to eat real food again! I weighed in this morning at 142lbs. So I’m down 2 pounds and I lost 1 inch off my waist! I’d say the refresh was successful!!
Here is what’s on my menu today:
Breakfast: 1/4 cup of steel cut oatmeal, 1/2 cup of blueberries, and 2 hard boiled eggs
Snack 1: 1 Scoop of chocolate Shakeology, 1/2 banana, 1 tsp. of natural peanut butter, dash of cinnamon, 1 cup of water, and 1 cup of ice. All blended together for a yummy shake!
Lunch: 3/4 cup of shredded chicken breast, 1/2 cup quinoa, 1 cup of cooked squash and zuchinni
Snack 2: 1/2 cup of grapes
Snack 3: 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, 5 baby carrots, 12 raw almonds
Dinner: 3/4 cup of shredded chicken, 1 cup of mixed broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots