I LOVE pancakes and waffles but they don’t always align with my goals. So this recipe has saved me when I crave waffles!
– 2 cups oat flour (grind raw oats in blender or food processor to make flour)
– 2 tbsp. Ground flaxseeds
– 3/4 cup whey protein powder, vanilla flavor
– 1 tsp. Baking powder
– 1 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
– 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
– 4 large egg whites (1/2 cup), beaten
– Dash of sea salt
1. Preheat waffle iron
2. Combine oat flour, flaxseeds, protein powder, baking powder in a medium bowl. Mix well. Set aside
3. Combine extract and almond milk in a bowl; whisk to blend
4. Add flour mixture to the milk mixture; whisk gently just until smooth batter forms
5. Gently add in egg whites
6. Cook 2/3 cup batter in waffle iron (according to your waffle iron directions)
7. Top with pure syrup and fruit of your choice!
Should make 12 waffles, 1 waffle/serving. You can freeze the leftovers for use later in the week!